e-navigation is a concept to enhance the safety and quality of decision-making support systems, based on electronic information management.
- Establish user friendly solutions based on existing systems, both for mariners and shorebased personnel.
- Reduce the possibility for human errors and contribute to more efficient work methods.
- Provide increased safety of navigation and protection of the environment.
- Standardize equipment on board and ashore.
- Provide harmonized and coordinated solutions adapted for users.
Fees for 2021
Fees for 2021 have increased to meet the expected increase in prices and wages by 2.1 per cent on average in 2021. The Norwegian government will finance the loss in income caused by the Covid-19 pandemic in 2020 and 2021.
The NCA will build the world's first ship tunnel
Following the government's budget negotiations, funds have been set aside for the start-up of the Stad Ship Tunnel in 2021. The project is now estimated to cost NOK 3.45 billion.
New AIS base stations established in Svalbard
The Norwegian Coastal Administration (NCA) has, in cooperation with Kongsberg Seatex, extended the AIS network in Svalbard with four new AIS base stations. The new base stations provides live AIS data of seagoing traffic in the Hinlopen Strait.
Seeking new technology to secure GNSS signals
Would you like to help develop new support tools for the pilot service? Then you should join the dialogue conference on 28 September.
Changes in Navigation at Måløy Bridge
Due to maintenance work at Måløy Bridge in Vestland County, the sailing height in the eastern fairway is reduced from 41 to 34 metres. This is valid from 31 July 2020 to 19 July 2021.
- Go to archive