The Norwegian Coastal Administration (NCA) has established a new whistleblowing channel. Employees, suppliers, external third parties and the public may report issues and concerns in a secure manner through this whistleblowing channel.
– This channel may be an important contribution to illuminate events we want to avoid. Do you have solid information or just a bad gut feeling? Do not hesitate to use the whistle blowing channel, and let our people review your information. I would rather have a report too much, than one too little, says Per Jan Osdal, Director General of NCA.
What to report
You may report issues and concerns related to NCA, including activities and tasks assigned to other parties on behalf of NCA. Some examples are:
- Breach of laws, rules and guidelines
- Breach of safety routines and instances causing danger to life and health
- Working conditions that conflict with e.g. the Working Environment Act, the Ship Safety and Security Act or the Civil Service Act
- Irresponsible procedures
- Corruption, breach of contract or other financial irregularities
- Social dumping or other working life crime
- Breach of the Norwegian state's ethical guidelines
Employees of NCA shall notify health, safety, environment and security incidents in the internal improvement and deviation system.
– You can decide whether you want to be anonymous or not. However, be aware that if you choose to submit an issue or concern anonymously, NCA nor BDO AS will not have the ability to inform you during the process. Anonymous reports are also more challenging to process, so we encourage you to consider carefully if you can provide contact information, says Osdal.
Follow your case
The internal audit department, an independent unit in NCA, is responsible for receiving reports of issues and concerns. You can always choose to send the report to the advisory and auditing firm BDO AS. An example where this might be of interest is if the reported issue applies to the top management of NCA or employees at the internal audit department.
In case you decide to be anonymous, we recommend that you create a secure mailbox. It ensures an effective and safe way to communicate with those who are processing your report.
You will also find further information about the Whistle blowing channel and more details about how it works.
Fees for 2021
Fees for 2021 have increased to meet the expected increase in prices and wages by 2.1 per cent on average in 2021. The Norwegian government will finance the loss in income caused by the Covid-19 pandemic in 2020 and 2021.
The NCA will build the world's first ship tunnel
Following the government's budget negotiations, funds have been set aside for the start-up of the Stad Ship Tunnel in 2021. The project is now estimated to cost NOK 3.45 billion.
Seeking new technology to secure GNSS signals
Would you like to help develop new support tools for the pilot service? Then you should join the dialogue conference on 28 September.
Nytt forsøk på å fjerne havarert tråler
Tråleren som havarerte i isen i Hinlopenstredet ved Svalbard skal fjernes. Melding om midlertidig ferdselsforbud i området kommer som følge av dette.
New Digital Information Service for Vessel Traffic in the Arctic
The Norwegian Coastal Administration (NCA) has established a new digital information service to increase safety for vessel traffic in Arctic areas.
- Go to archive