- Icebergs around Greenland
- Ice concentration from the Meteorological Institute in Denmark and Norway (drift ice and solid ice)
- Weather forecasts for Norway, Canada, Iceland and Russia
- Weather stations and ship information (in AIS format) from the Norwegian Coastal Administration
- Ice edge
- Weather data on wind direction and strength, currents and temperature
- Depth curves with an overview of seabed topography
- Information on quay conditions
- An overview of Norwegian maritime borders
- An option to send voyage plans digitally to authorities in Greenland
Work will now begin on the Stad Ship Tunnel
The Norwegian Coastal Administration has received the assignment letter from the Ministry of Transport and Communications, which gives a green light to start preparations for the construction of the Stad Ship Tunnel.
New AI monitoring tool introduced in the VTS service
The Norwegian Coastal Administration will soon introduce a new digital decision support tool based on Artificial Intelligence (AI) algorithms that provides more automated monitoring of ship traffic. The tool gives VTS centres a better basis for earlier detection of unwanted and critical traffic situations.
Fees for 2021
Fees for 2021 have increased to meet the expected increase in prices and wages by 2.1 per cent on average in 2021. The Norwegian government will finance the loss in income caused by the Covid-19 pandemic in 2020 and 2021.
The NCA will build the world's first ship tunnel
Following the government's budget negotiations, funds have been set aside for the start-up of the Stad Ship Tunnel in 2021. The project is now estimated to cost NOK 3.45 billion.
Seeking new technology to secure GNSS signals
Would you like to help develop new support tools for the pilot service? Then you should join the dialogue conference on 28 September.
- Go to archive