Published: 8/24/2011, Updated: 3/16/2012
SafeSeaNet Norway is Norway's Single Window portal for ship reporting. This is a messaging service for ships arriving and departing Norwegian ports.
The following ships are required to send a notification in SafeSeaNet Norway:
- Vessels that intend to cross the Norwegian baseline and/or arrive in a Norwegian port.
- Vessels that are required to report HAZMAT, ISPS and Port State Control information.
- All vessels of 300 gross tons or more must give notice prior to arrival or departure unless otherwise specified.
- Fishing vessels, traditional ships and pleasure craft with a length of 45 meters or more.
- Vessels over 1000 gross tons with a bunker quantity of 300 tons or more.
- All ships irrespective of size, carrying dangerous or polluting cargo.
SafeSeaNet Norway can also be used to send arrival notifications to the Coastal Surveillance Centre (CSC) and electronic declarations to the Norwegian Customs and Excise.
Access to SafeSeaNet Norway
You must be a registered user to get access to SafeSeaNet Norway. To register please contact:
Telephone + 47 35 57 26 25
To register you must provide the following:
- Name of the relevant company.
- Company address, phone number and email address.
- Type of business, eg. agent, owner, broker, charterer.
- The company's registration number.
- The name of the person or persons who shall perform registration work (first name and surname).
- His/her position of work.
When you have submitted the required information, you will be assigned a unique ID and password. You will also get information about your company ID. Remember that your designated password will be strictly personal.
If you have difficulty registering, lose your ID or password, or have other problems, the user support at Brevik VTS can be helpful in resolving the problem. The user support service operates on a 24-hour basis, all year round.
SafeSeaNet Ship reporting