The National Centre for Testing of oil spill response equipment offers Norwegian and foreign equipment suppliers, research institutions and other parties involved in preparedness against acute pollution the opportunity to test equipment or train their operators. Private or public sector buyers may also use the centre to evaluate materials prior to procurement.
This is what we offer:
- Indoor salt-water basin where equipment can be tested in realistic conditions, as waves and current can be applied to the basin.
- The basin allows the full-scale testing of the capacity and stability of skimmers. • Possibilities for testing oil booms with respect to flexibility, stability and ability to retain oil in varying sea conditions and current speeds.
- Laboratory for measuring water content, viscosity and density of oil.
- Central location in Horten in Vestfold, around 100 km south of Oslo.
- The centre is also in the immediate vicinity of the Oslofjord.