The Norwegian Coastal Administration aims to announce the competition in the first quarter of 2023. The aim is to sign a contract at the turn of the year 2023/2024, so the constructionj can start in the first quarter of 2024.
Stad ship tunnel is a fairway, with a tunnel in the form of a long mountain hall and entrance structures as main elements.
This is intended as a turnkey contract, which includes both design and execution. Simplified, the work includes:
- Preparation of an appropriate execution plan and detailed design
- Establishment of intersections / tunnel mouths
- Tunneling - similar mountain halls (caverns)
- Establish structures - similar solutions as for quay and pier facilities
- Mass handling
- Technical installations
- The start-up phase for projects of this dimension is defining for the later process. It is very important to do a thorough job in connection with this procurement. That will save us time and problems later in the project, project manager Terje Skjeppestad points out.
Currently, the work with the tender basis includes the preparation of a technical function description, landscape plans with entrance areas and plans for mass handling and more.
We would recommend contractors to follow this website, with the short address kystverket.no/entreprenor. Here we will provide information about the process as soon as we have new informastion.
The Norwegian Coastal Administration held a supplier conference in September last year, where we presented the project. There we also conducted short dialogue meetings with suppliers who wanted it.
For competitive reasons, we can not hold separate meetings beyond this until we have come a little further in the process.
It may be relevant to arrange a form of visual experience in the area where the tunnel will be built in late autumn 2022. There we will be able to present more details about the project, and the further process. We will inform more about this when we have come a little further in the process.