Supplier conference for the construction of Stad Ship Tunnel
On 31 January, the Norwegian Coastal Administration is organising a conference for potential contractors and suppliers to Stad Ship Tunnel at the Radisson Blue Airport Hotel at Gardermoen. The dialogue conference will be held in Norwegian and will require physical attendance (it will not be transmitted digitally).
“With this conference, we wish to prepare the contractor market for the coming competition, while at the same time receiving useful input to make the basis for competition as good as possible,” says Project Manager Terje Skjeppestad.
- More information about the conference with a link for registration can be found in Doffin and Mercell
Looking for smart technical solutions for the inside of the ship tunnel
Before the conference, the Norwegian Coastal Administration wishes to be in contact with suppliers of technical systems that could have great significance for functionality, uptime and, not least, safety in the tunnel.
The Norwegian Coastal Administration aims to announce the competition after the summer of 2023. The aim is to sign a contract early in 2024, so the construction can start in the first part of 2024.
Stad ship tunnel is a fairway, with a tunnel in the form of a long mountain hall and entrance structures as main elements.
This is intended as a major fixed-price design and construct contract, which will be acquired after a competition with negotiation. Simplified, the work includes:
- Preparation of an appropriate execution plan and detailed design
- Establishment of intersections / tunnel mouths
- Tunneling - similar mountain halls (caverns)
- Establish structures - similar solutions as for quay and pier facilities
- Mass handling
- Technical installations
- The start-up phase for projects of this dimension is defining for the later process. It is very important to do a thorough job in connection with this procurement. That will save us time and problems later in the project, project manager Terje Skjeppestad points out.
Currently, the work with the tender basis includes the preparation of a technical function description, landscape plans with entrance areas and plans for mass handling and more.
We would recommend contractors to follow this website, with the short address kystverket.no/entreprenor. Here we will provide information about the process as soon as we have new informastion.
The Norwegian Coastal Administration held a supplier conference in September last year, where we presented the project. There we also conducted short dialogue meetings with suppliers who wanted it.